Obesity Statistics - WOW!



Okay, so this weight loss company "Strip The Fat" put together these obesity statistics and I thought I would  share...shocking, I might add...but not surprising.
  • 64 percent of people in the US are overweight
  • 48% of people in Europe are overweight
  • 27% of Americans are classified as obese
  • Obesity is responsible for 325,000 deaths every year
  • Obesity cost an estimated $75 billion in 2003 because of it's long and expensive treatment
  • 300 million people worldwide are obese
  • 750 million people worldwide are overweight
  • Weight loss market forecast to hit $61 billion by 2008
  • Spending on Hoodia Gordonii expected to surpass $750 million in sales
  • 400,000 deaths each year may be attributed to obesity
Thought you might enjoy these statistics. I love looking at them and comparing them. I am trying to get my hands on more. Let me know if you find more as well.

Comments

Popular Posts