AWESOME!

There are times when we ask God of things and they "don't seem to happen".  There are also other times when we ask and it's a huge "BAM!" in your face answered prayer...although I would guess there are many of us that would say the first is more prevalent...

I have got to share about How AWESOME God really is. 

A few nights ago while sleeping I had a dream about a certain church service we had a while back. I dreamed I had returned to that specific service and it was as if I was in present time reenacting the whole experience. The entire church of about 300 was praying all together and we were yelling out the Names of God, right there in our seats. Some were yelling "Holy, Holy, Holy", others "God Almighty", "Lord of Lords", "King of Kings", etc. I then (in my dream) yelled out "AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!" I yelled it so loud I became embarrassed at the volume of it.   I started second guessing myself and was flustered. I then wondered if this was even a "Name" for God and hushed myself.

A few moments went by in the dream and then I thought, where in the Bible could I find a Scripture where it even reads - God is Awesome? I know we sing songs about how awesome God is, but is there a Scripture that reads this?
Holy Bible (NIV)I woke up and remembered actually my dream this time.  I usually get up before my children do so I can pray, meditate and read the Bible.

This day was like no other, I got up and opened my Bible and....
"BAM!" right there in Palms 47:2 ...it read..." for the Lord Most High is Awesome!"
I almost yelled out loud - "AMEN!" It was one of those moments when those little things in life God affirms hits you like a 2 x 4 across the heart.  I chuckled at the thought of how God can speak to our hearts in dreams and carry that over in to our daily living.  He is so very awesome and yet that phrase doesn't get the attention is so deserves!


Awesome:
ADJECTIVE:
  1. Inspiring awe: an awesome thunderstorm.
  2. Expressing awe: stood in awesome silence before the ancient ruins.
  3. Slang Remarkable; outstanding: "a totally awesome arcade game" (Los Angeles Times).
How awesome is our God?

Comments

Popular Posts