DAY FIVE: 21 Day Nutrition Challenge

DAY FIVE:  21 Day Nutrition Challenge

Have you ever thought to yourself, I worked hard all week long and so can kick up my heels and have a few rewards this weekend.  Don't worry, you aren't alone.  Countless people reward themselves to the point where their hard work, nutritionally speaking, is flushed down the toilet. 

When I read this scripture for the first time, I chuckled, because this scripture is so true and so me!  
Romans 7:14-16,  "For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin.  For what I am doing, I do not understand, for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.  But if I do the very thing I do not want to do..."

Self discipline is one of the hardest things to master - this is why we generally don't.  It's HARD.  Our own self, the 'I', makes us do things we really don't want to do, but we end up doing them anyway.  Way back when Satan tempted Eve, he lured with his whispers that Eve could do more on her own, without following God's direction.  He deceived her into his self rebellion of the 'I'.  When she accepted this lie and shared it with Adam, Satan's self rebellion of the 'I' became universal - you and I were grandfathered in from offspring.  The war begun.  But this war isn't easy to identify because it's not flesh and blood, it's a different and invisible.  It's not easily identified so we think it's ourselves, our circumstances, environment, or someone else's fault.  This war is real, active and very alive and is totally messing with our health.  

If we do what we want to do and follow the 'I', even a little bit here and there, we will never get to our goals.  Follow God and He will make your plans straight. 

Nutrition 101:
1.  35000 calories equals one pound of body fat. 
2.  If I burned 500 calories 3 days per week in hard cardio fitness classes, that equals 1500 calories erased from my body.  This means those 3 days I was able to drop only 1/2 pound of body fat. 
3.  If I decided over the weekend to loosen my nutritional intake for a Saturday night dinner and eat; 2 pieces of pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut (about 600 calories) 4 oreos cookies (280 calories) and washed it down with a grande skinny mocha from Starbucks (140) during the course of the weekend, I've almost erased those 3 hours of hard work at the gym. 
4. All three of these choices not only would replace my hard work, they'd hang out a lot longer on my body since they were filled with fat and poor carbs.  
5. If I'd had a large salad with loads of veggies, hard boiled egg, avocado, bacon, croutons, almonds, sunflower seeds, grilled chicken and some cottage cheese to top it off, think of the difference this would play in my nutritional goals - plus I'd have one full tummy. 


Comments

Popular Posts