DAY 16: 21 Day Nutrition Challenge

DAY SIXTEEN:  21 Day Nutrition Challenge


Jesus said My Father's house is a house of prayer.  Have you ever been to a prayer meeting, or prayed with others outside of a scheduled church service?  The very word prayer can scare many people away.  They get uncomfortable and think of anywhere they'd rather be than sitting with others praying - especially out loud.  I know this feeling all too well because I used to feel this way.  


I would have an internal dialogue within my mind, that others would judge what I said, or that my prayers weren't good enough, or that I couldn't pray as well as others.  My spirit was warring against my flesh.  My heart said go pray with others, but my mind walked in the opposite direction.  My flesh won every time.  I can't tell you how many people have this same internal warring. It is also apparent they aren't alone because church prayer meetings are the lowest attended event - unless there is a major problem and divine intervention is the only thing left to summon. 


If there is indeed power in prayer, than why aren't people flocking to pray?  

Holiness and sin don't mix. They can't coexist, just like water and fire.The Holy Father is just that, Holy, which can make all of us a little skirmish if there is any unresolved sin in our life.  So when we are guilty or convicted and don't seek forgiveness and admit we are wrong, reject the fleshy "I", we keep hold of the "I" and skip the prayer time.  The "I" is so selfish it won't admit it's wrong, so it steers clear of anything that would humble it - like prayer. 

If we actively pursue an intimate relationship with God (walk in the Spirit and fellowship with other believers about God) we should want to pray - a lot.  We should be led to prayer and should pray as much as we can.  If you feel you are being pulled away from prayer, think about why, then fix it.  This should be the big red flag in your spirit that something is wrong with your relationship with God.

This spiritual battle that wars in the invisible world affects us regardless if we want to admit it  It messes with us spiritually and provokes us to wrath, selfishness, pride, jealousy, insecurity and depression...to name a few.  When we act on these internal feelings we are affected physically.  We lose sleep, focus our attention elsewhere, get stressed, over eat, under eat, etc.  Give your battle to God.  God knows best.  God is just.  God is wisdom.  God is God and we are not.  I'd much rather have the God of angle armies on my side, than the "I".  

Galatians 5:16  
But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

Comments

Popular Posts