DAY ELEVEN: 21 Day Nutrition Challenge

DAY ELEVEN:  21 Day Nutrition Challenge

My Super Vegetable Challenge is getting easier, but I can't wait until this Spring brings about a wider variety of fresher veggies to eat.   I am for one to easily get tired of some of the same things, over and over and over, but I have come to realize these things can actually be the best blessing of all. 

My kids tell me they get sick of carrots and broccoli often enough, frankly because we eat a lot of them around here.  But, I know my kids will eat all of these veggies on their plate.  These two veggies sources are great for their growing bodies; loads of calcium in the broccoli and vitamin A in the carrots.  When I try new veggie choices I make my kids at least try them. Sometimes it's an epic failure, and other times I get a few takers.  It's hard to get a family of 8 to like the same things, and we all know change can be hard.  This is why I usually end up going back to the standard broccoli and carrots - because I know they work.  Sometimes change is good while other times the battle isn't worth fighting.  

I have come to allow one of my girls to wear the same shirt 3 times in a row on a weekly basis.  She doesn't see why she can't if it doesn't smell, isn't dirty, and she doesn't care if someone sees her wearing it over and over.  Her standards appeal and work for her and I have now learned this battle isn't worth the change. 

Some of the old standards work well, especially if they aren't broken.  We don't always need to change things up. The same body-weight exercises like push ups, squats, lunges, sit ups, and pull ups are still safe, effective, and used by almost every trainer of today.  Another example is the Bible.  It's truths have never changed, they are still the same  as yesterday, today, and forever.  No matter the new fad diet, the newest exercise routine, or what society is now deeming as something God now commends all of the sudden, don't feel pressured to change.   Some of the old standards are better than anything 'new' under the sun.   Ask God if there is something you need to change, or an old standard you need to hold tightly to. 

My verse this week: 
Galatians 5:16  
But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

Comments

Popular Posts